Monday 12 November 2007

Foo Fighters Rock at AECC


Foo Fighters & Serj Tankian At AECC


One of the best gigs I have ever seen the Foo Fighters. Before they started Serj Tankian was the support act for the show. He was originally the singer for System of a Down. The only song that I knew was Empty Walls. However after hearing most of his songs from his debut album I like most of the songs he played. There was only one quiet song and that was when he played the piano. My favourite song was Praise The Lord Pass The Ammunition. I would probably think about buying his album.

I've been a fan of the Foo Fighters for about 6 years now and own all 6 albums. They started off with Let It Die from their new album. The followed up with The Pretender and that got the crowd moving. They also played Long Road to Ruin their new single and it is so much better live than the album version. They only played 5 songs from the new album which is a good thing because it meant they could play older songs. The best song had to be Stacked Actors. Before they started the Dave Grohl and Chris Shifflett (the guitarists) pulled off some amazing solos. They then played the song and it's one of their best songs. At the end of the song Taylor Hawkins (the drummer) played an amazing drum solo and it showed that he is probably one of the greatest drummers in the world. It wasn't just a rock show as they played some acoustic songs. They played Skin and Bones and also they played Nirvana B-side Marigold. They also played This Is A Call a song from the first album. Their weakest song they played was probably But Honestly from the new album. That was the only song I didn't know the words to. They played All My Life a there best known song. The whole place went crazy towards the last chorus of the song. Another great thing about the show was Dave Grohl's solo. He played the song Everlong by himself until the last chorus and the rest of the band came in to finish off the song. They also played See You which had a triangle solo and the crowd went wild. There was one problem with the show they didn't play my favourite song of the new album Erase/Replace. But then again it didn't bother me that much. The set list was far to good to let one song bother me. They finished off the gig with Best Of You.

This my favourite show by far and was much better than the Muse show that I went to last year as Matt Bellamy (Vocalist & Guitarist) didn't really interact with the crowd that well. The only thing I hope for is that Foo Fighters return to Aberdeen as I would definitely go back.

I came out the gig covered in sweat and a very sore throat. I then headed into town with my friend and went for a few drinks and headed home for a few hours sleep and ready to work the next day.



About Me

I'm 18 years old I like to hang about with my friends. I like to play music with my friends. I play drums, Bass Guitar and Electric guiitar. I like to go out drinking with my friends every now and again.