Sunday 7 October 2007

Soundgarden Superunknown album review

The Album Superunknown by Soundgarden is the best selling album by the band. It was released in 1994 and is the 5th album. The fisrt track Let Me Drown really comes out very strong. The song is performed very well instrumentally and the vocals of Chris Cornell are amazing. The Piano thats in the song adds that extra touch which gives it a great sound. The next song My Wave another strong song the drums of Matt Cameron and Bass of Ben Shepard really stand out later in the song. Vocals are still great but not the best on the album. Track 3 Fell On Black Days absolutely amazing. A soft song by a band that play usually heavy and the pull it off perfectly. Towards the end it gets loud which works really well. This was a single from the album.Mailman probably my favourite song the raw guitar of Kim Thayil. The Drums again very slow but have a nice deep sound. Superunkown an excellent song that gets you into the mood for playing an instrument. Chris Cornells high vocals work with the high pitched guitar and drums and bass combine together well. The Guitar solo by Kim Thayil shows that he is one of the best guitar players ever. Head Down another favourite for me. The quiet and vocals create a moody atmosphere which has a low pitch guitar sound. Black Hole Sun everyones favourite Soungarden Song. The Best Single for them. The song is constructed beautifully. The verses and chorus are so different from each other. The Guitar in verse and chorus change so much. Next is Spoonman which has somebody playing spoons along with the bass and drums. Another strong song for them and a single from the album. Limo Wreck is next another great song. I thinks the lyrics are cool on this song. A song that makes me sing along and another one I like to play on drums. The Day I Tried To Live the next song goes a little downhill for me this song. A bit bland doesn't stand out for me. This was also another single. Kickstand another amazing song. It's short and sweet. Fresh Tendrills I hate it so much it's so boring it's not very exciting it just doesn't have that sound there. 4th Of July has a really heavy guitar riff which is the best thing and Matt Camerons drums also making thje song heavy. Chris Cornells dark and gloomy vocals is the icing on the cake. Half is a song performed by Ben Shepard his vocals are really quite impressive as you don't really hear his voice until this song. His guitar in the song was also very good. Like Suicide a song that irritated me.It was over 7 minutes which means this song drags. It doesn't need to be long. Last Song She Likes Surprises ends the album very well. Nice guitar but the bass playing by Ben Shepard makes the song stand out most. If I had to rate the album out of 10 it would be 9.9 just 2 songs ruin it for me. A link to album http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superunknown-Soundgarden/dp/B000024C2Q/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/026-9049597-0989252?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1191790869&sr=8-1

1 comment:

CameronAtAbcol said...

Excellent comment!!!

About Me

I'm 18 years old I like to hang about with my friends. I like to play music with my friends. I play drums, Bass Guitar and Electric guiitar. I like to go out drinking with my friends every now and again.